On September, 2015:Massachusetts State Democratic Convention passed a resolution PROTECTING THE CITIZENS OF THE COMMONWEALTH FROM THE THREATS POSED BY NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS
The Cape and Islands have spoken at the ballot box:
“We refuse to be radiation refugees!”
Largely because the safety of Cape & Islands residents and visitors cannot be assured, the following have all called for the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station to be permanently closed. The position of some, notably former Governor Patrick, Congressman Keating, and the Barnstable County Commissioners, is (or was) conditional, while many others simply want it closed NOW.
- 2014: Landslide Cape and Islands Vote vote to expand EPZ: 74% of voters backed this call for a plan, just as they did in 1992 with 78% of the vote.
- Cape and Islands Voters ‘Speak’: All 15 Cape Towns (by ballot or town meeting vote), all 6 Martha’s Vineyard Towns, and Dukes County (Nantucket).
- State Senator Dan Wolf
- Cape & Island State Representatives: Sarah Peake, (all, but unofficially to my knowledge)
- Barnstable County Commissioners
- National Seashore Advisory Committee
- Association to Preserve Cape Cod
- Massachusetts Former Governor Deval Patrick